Without going into too much detail, this section is essentially outlining pieces of my 5-year plan — things I want to accomplish, or at least start, within the next 5 years (January 2020 to December 2024), relating to the educational field.

Create a Foundation: This started as an idea to honour my grandfather (who passed away November 29, 2019); for the past few years, I knew I wanted to create a scholarship or bursary in his name as a thank you for all his support throughout my education. It has now shifted to a larger-scale idea of instead forming a charity/foundation, in order to award more scholarships and bursaries and to help as many teens and young adults as possible who are wanting to attend a post-secondary institution.

Write a Book: For years I’ve had ideas upon ideas for novels I wanted to write — and one of those may still get written! Having been in the B.Ed. program for almost two years now, my focus has been drawn to the idea of writing a book on a topic pertaining to the educational field. This is not a project that will be started right away — I feel I should have my foot in the door for at least a couple years before I can properly begin writing — but I have been taking notes on topics of interest that I would like to tackle, which may start as research projects and work their way up to book-form.

Incorporate RPG Into My Class: I am a woman with many hobbies and interests, one of which is Dungeons and Dragons. Now, I know there are some flaws with the D&D system — the stigmas, the complexities of the rules, etc. — that would make it difficult to include in a classroom (even at the secondary school level). However, there are so many positive elements to roleplay games that I feel would be a benefit to an English class (that I will talk about more in a later post).

There will be a lot of research going into these projects — they may or may not be realistically doable, or the ideas might need some adjustment in order to make them work. As it stands now, this is what I’m hoping to accomplish.